- Removed feature: Blogger support. Blogger no longer supports the APIs that QTM uses.
- New feature: Abort, which stops the current network job (refresh blog or category list, blog entry posting or whatever)
- New features: New variants on Paste: paste as ordered/unordered list, marked paragraphs (with tags), normal blockquotes and Markdown blockquotes, and ability to mark up a block as an ordered or unordered list.
- New feature: Ability to set whether to submit a date and time or not at posting time, to avoid clock skews (problem on Wordpress and Textpattern, not on MT).
- New feature: Ability to set the post's remote categories explicitly, through action "Send categories" in File menu
- New feature: Drupal compatibility. This had always been mentioned in the documentation, but certain practices, such as identifying blogs and categories using Movable Type patterns which are not replicated in Drupal, were preventing Drupal compatibility. In particular, blogs in MT are the equivalent of content types in Drupal, and are identified by strings rather than numbers.
- Improvement: now strips whitespaces from titles in Quickposts (Qt 4.2+)
- Improvement: now always rebuilds when posting an entry to an MT blog (using mt.publishPost method)
- Qt 4.3: now gives alerts when opening up windows (esp. on Mac, where the icon bounces)
- Bug fix: when quitting, looks for QTM main windows specifically, rather than visible widgets in general (this was preventing quitting on Qt 4.3)
This fixes one important bug:
- Bug fix: A bug which caused QTM to crash when attempting a non-templated Quickpost has been fixed. The bug consisted of trying to access a non-existent template.
- User interface: the system-tray icon no longer displays on the Mac. Instead, the same menu is displayed by double-clicking on the dock icon. A bare-bones default main menu, with New, Open and Quit functions (the latter displayed in the dock and application menus), appears when there is no top-level window present on the Mac (only on Qt 4.2; this may change in future releases).
- User interface: the Abort Quick Post action in the STI menu appears (albeit greyed out) even when it is disabled; this is to get round a bug in Qt on the Mac
- New feature: the user can now reset changes made to quickpost templates before closing the dialog (Qt 4.2 only)
New feature: Quickpost, the ability to use the system-tray icon to post the contents of the clipboard or, on X11, the mouse selection. (Qt 4.2 only) User interface: the "round" icon (susesystray.xpm), introduced for SUSE 10.2 binary in 0.3.10, is now standard on X11. Bug fix: Program no longer sporadically echoes various debugging information to the console (achieved by commenting out all qDebug lines)
Bug fix: the warning message which was being displayed while requesting missing passwords for entries loaded from files is now gone. Build system: the useSTI.h header file is gone; to compile with the system tray icon (recommended on KDE/GNOME, absolutely not on Mac OS X), configure as follows: cmake -D USE_STI:BOOL=TRUE . (the dot is necessary and represents the current directory). Otherwise, cmake . as before (then make, in both cases). Mac OS X disk image: Qt version updated to 4.2.2 (requires Panther or Tiger). Feature: QTM can now post to Blogger blogs (however, the posts have to be displayed from within the Blogger web interface; this is a problem at Blogger's end and affects other similar applications).Read more »
Bug fix: fixed signal-slot mismatch which was preventing the host lookup added in 0.3.9 being acted upon. (Note: there are still some ways of making the app crash by getting it to post to non-existent web servers or services. I intend to fix this in the forthcoming 0.3.10 release.) (3rd September: new source bundle with CMake support. Source itself unchanged.)